LEARN TO TRAIN
Wandsworth SC swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria including ability, times achieved and age as at 31 Dec.
Swimmers will work on skill development and a gradual approach to aerobic training.
- 8 - 11 years (max. age for acceptance is 10)
- 3 out of 4 sessions per week
- Actively working towards PB within 5% of County QT’s in any 200m event & medley
- Participate in Mini Galas (where appropriate), Club & County Championships (if selected or QT achieved); swimmers are expected & encouraged to attend open meets appropriate for their age and skill development.
- All 50m events - technically legal
- 100 IM, 200m freestyle and one other 200m event
- Streamline position
- Understanding of a pace clock
- Understanding and acceptance of lane etiquette/discipline
Swimmers are expected to attend 3 of the 4 sessions per week but are encouraged to take advantage of all pool time available to them; (substitution of a school swimming session, another club training session or private lessons are not permitted).
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the club structure is determined by the Coaching Team. The Head Coach and the Club Committee will not guarantee the squad place for a swimmer who consistently does not participate in open meets and/or club galas. See our Transitioning/Promotion process for further details.
WSC hat, costume/jammers, goggles, float, pull buoy, fins, finger paddles and a mesh bag to contain them. See our Club Kit page.