ACTIVE FOR LIFE
Wandsworth SC swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria including ability, times achieved and age as at 31 Dec.
The Senior Development Squad is for swimmers aged 11-18 years who want to train but not at the level required for the competitive squads within the club. It is very much integrated with the main squads and where appropriate swimmers may transfer from fitness to competitive and vice versa.
- Skills development
- A gradual approach to aerobic training to build endurance and stamina
- Maintaining swim fitness
- Allowing/encouraging swimmers to continue to train and compete when they cannot commit to the level required for competitive squads
- 15 - 18 years
- Competent and legal in all four strokes
- Competent and have a good understanding of streamlining
- Understanding of a pace clock
- Understanding and acceptance of lane etiquette/discipline
There is no minimum attendance required but swimmers are encouraged to take advantage of as many sessions as they can.
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the club structure is determined by the Coaching Team. See our Transitioning/Promotion process for further details.
All swimmers are required to have full training equipment in working order at all sessions. Fins, kickboard and pull buoy. See our Club Kit page.